The Confederation of Don Bosco Youth Centers, in coherence with our values and with transparency and accountability, we establish below a list of ethical communication commitments in order to transmit truthful and reliable information to society:
- At least once a year federations, youth centers, donors and partners will be informed about the activities of the organization.
- In order to carry out communication efficiently, the requirements are to have an institutional e-mail and its own website in operation, with information on all the activities of the organization and updated at least once a week.
- The organization will make the annual activity report and the annual financial report available to those who request it. The annual report of activities and the annual accounts will be accessible through the web.
- Advertising, fundraising and public information campaigns will faithfully reflect the objectives and reality of the organization and will not be misleading.
- Special attention will be paid to dealing with matters that affect childhood and youth and the right to privacy of minors will be respected.
The Educational Proposal of the Salesian Oratories and Youth Centers, since its publication in March 1988, has favored a process of convergence between the various realities of Oratories and Youth Centers distributed throughout the Spanish territory.
The Don Bosco Confederation assumes the commitment to prevent, detect and act forcefully in its scope of action against any form of violence against people, especially minors and adults in vulnerable situations. In this way, a Child and Vulnerable People Protection System has been developed.
To guarantee protection, the Don Bosco Confederation is promoting a zero tolerance policy for inappropriate treatment and abuse.Furthermore, it proposes developing a protective environment through different tools focused on detection and the notification procedure, as well as a series of plans aimed at internal and external communication or the involvement of key agents in the environment. All these measures affect all the people directly linked to the activities of the entity.
If you have something to communicate, click here to access an anonymous form.
The Don Bosco Confederation responds to the commitment that identifies it, as a member of the Third Sector of Social Action, with the principles contained in Organic Law 3/2007 for the Effective Equality of Women and Men, including transversally this gender approach within its identity. For this reason, the need arises to create a Strategic Plan for Equal Opportunities that establishes a framework of action that is a vehicle to achieve true equality of opportunities within Youth Centers and Associations, Federations and in the Confederation itself.
The Don Bosco Confederation is an entity that cannot be understood without the voluntary action of many young people, who dedicate their time in the various programs that are coordinated by the entity and run in the Federations and Youth Centers. For this reason, the existence of a Volunteering Plan that regulates and highlights that voluntary work that defines us as a network of entities is necessary.